Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Can 2 showers a day be bad for hair, skin?

Almost every day i run in the afternoon, take a shower, then I take another in the morning to wake me up. Is this bad for my hair or skin? I use soap both times, but shampoo and condition only one time, if once.(I use a 2 in 1 for my hair, and then I use this gel. I have extremely curly hair.) What can i do? I really need two showers a day, even though I am a teenager. Thank you for any answers!



Can 2 showers a day be bad for hair, skin?

it depends on the sensitivity of your skin



i shower twice daily (morning and before i go to bed) and wash my hair everyday too



and my skin and hair is fine



but i do put on lotion all over my body after my night shower, and sometimes hair nourishing cream if i have time



Can 2 showers a day be bad for hair, skin?

I don't think so. But, if you shower with hot/warm water you are opening you pores. So, if you end your shower with cold water you close you pores (which is a good thing)



Can 2 showers a day be bad for hair, skin?

Yes, you are washing away your natural oils on your skin and hair and everything is going to dry out. Soap dries your skin out anyway, but 2 times a day is really bad. If you're just taking a shower in the morning to wake up, why use soap? Why not just rise off and go on? Or if you have to wash, don't use soap. I know it sounds crazy but my doctor told me you shouldn't use soap on your face or 'down there' because the skin in those places lose elasticity faster, age faster, and are more prone to problems. Compulsive cleanliness is the cause of a lot of skin issues out there today. Since I've quit washing my face with soap, it's less greasy than it used to be. I use Neutrogena every 3 or 4 days on it, but just clean it the other day with a sponge or washcloth when I get a shower.



Can 2 showers a day be bad for hair, skin?

As long as you put lotion on your skin (body) and condition your hair you will be just fine. also you can use a body wash that is moisturizing and a shampoo for color treated hair ( it is really good in not drying out your hair).



Pinky, I AM a hairdresser, have been for 13 yrs and I own and run a very sucessful salon. If one wants to wash every day using conditioner is the best answer cause when you wash hair, skin or whatever alot you do strip the oils from the skin, scalp. and when that happens one problem is that your sebaceous glands the ones that produce oils will think they are dry so you can run into the problem that you will have slight to moderate skin problems that is why the use of conditiong product is GOOD cause you will maintain the natural PH balance ( JUST BECAUSE I AM A MAN DOES NOT MEAN THAT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I TALK ABOUT!!) you should listen to people that do this kinda of thing for a living not to some person that doesnt know what they are typing about! HAVE A NICE DAY!!!



Can 2 showers a day be bad for hair, skin?

For Hair: It depends if your washing your hair with every shower.. Cleaning you hair to much can be bad because you can wash away the natural oils which help your hair grow healthy. But if you have to wash it daily or twice daily go buy a mild shampoo (they also make shampoos that are meant to use daily) and that will not strip your hair of natural oils.



For skin: depending on your climate alot of water can dry out your skin but as long as you use a good moisterizer you should be okay, clean skin is never a bad thing. Just use a good lotion like Almay, Keri or Lubriderm..... I have evern tried that shower lotion that you use while your in the shower and found it to work quite well. But I dont live in a dry climate....



One great thing to do it use baby oil and rub your body in that before you dry off (while your still wet) and then dry off like you would normally do. You will notice the diffrence right away, the oil helps keep the moisture in.



For the record: to much conditioner on your hair is just as bad as not enough, you should deep condition every three days or so but if your shampooing daily don't condition daily..... you can even ask a hair stylist about that, I use to condition to much and it caused alot of fly-aways and slit ends because it left my hair so light..... The wind was destorying it.... (Just a thought because I read the alove answer). Good luck



Can 2 showers a day be bad for hair, skin?

ya



Can 2 showers a day be bad for hair, skin?

washing your hair more then once a day isnt a good idea. if you do use gentle shampoo, as far as skin goes if its not getting too dry what ever

No comments:

Post a Comment