Monday, July 27, 2009

Why is my hair suddenly becoming coarse??

About 2 years ago, I noticed that the hair on the top of the back of my head was becoming thick, coarse, wiry and very dark (my hair has always been a golden brown, very straight and fine). I'm 31 years old. I wash my hair daily and use conditioner. I do blow dry on a daily basis, but I've gone without blow drying before for a few days and didn't notice the problem getting better. I use NO hair products. No gels, creams or hairspray. I hardly ever use a curling iron. My hair does get put up into a pony tail or bun on a fairly often basis. My only medication is birth control. I used to dye my own hair approximately once a year, but I have not done that for about 3-4 years. Why is this happening? My hair looks so unhealthy and awful all the time now, especially in the back. No matter what I do, it looks like I've just woken up from bed. Can anyone explain why this is suddenly happening, or what I can do to fix it, if it can be fixed?? BTW - this is not related to pregnancy.



Why is my hair suddenly becoming coarse??

Could be too much protein.



Too much isn't a good thing..



Why is my hair suddenly becoming coarse??

Maybe too much protein in the hair. Just condition with mayo or some other deep conditioning treatment. You could also do a hot oil treatment to balance the hard / harshness.

1 comment:

  1. too much protein in diet or in hair product?

    ReplyDelete