Thursday, July 23, 2009

What is the perfect product for a cross between kinky afro hair and indian afro hair?

I want to enhace my curls and I am finding it difficult to find a perfect product. Curl activating creams seem to make my hair much frizzier. curl activating gels are very heavy and sticky. but. Is there no in between? I ve worn my hair wavy and loose once. I did this by straigt after I washed my hair I skipped the conditioner and used the sof'n'free gel activater and scrunched it curly. Problem with the scrunching is a quarter of my head is completely nappy so it takes more scrunching till your hands cramp. But as I work in a hospital I have to wear my hair in a ponytail which means I comb out my curls and wet them to wear my hair in a ponytail. I dont want to chemically alter my hair though.



I can easily straightnen my hair with fructics sleek and shine. Or liv/perm repair hair cream and staighteners.. But its comming to summer and I wanna look sexy with curls. Can anyone help?



What is the perfect product for a cross between kinky afro hair and indian afro hair?

- Read the book and visit the sites below about curly hair. I did and my once horrible curly hair is now virtually frizz-free ringlets. Now I get compliments on my hair all the time! Straighten your hair- be happy for a day, learn to manage your curly hair- be happy for life!



- To style your hair using the curly-girl method you will need gel and conditioner at the minimum. Some less useful, but still nice stuff would be a blowdryer, a diffuser (reduces frizz in curly/wavy hair when used with dryer), and a microfiber hair turban (to dry wet hair while sleeping or in the morning).



-The main philosophy of the curly-girl method is to not use shampoo. This may sound unhygenic but it has actually made my hair less oily and dandruffy. Most shampoos contain some of the same chemicals found in laundry detergent (aka sodium laureth sulfate or anything close to that). They dry out curly hair. Also you shouldn't brush your curly hair dry because it damages the hair and makes it poof.



- Massaging of the scalp with conditioner to remove dirt is all that is needed. It will clean everything but super clingy silicones (cyclopentasiloxane and dimethicone are examples). Then rinse and spread conditioner on the outside layer of hair and the hair at the nape of your neck. Gently comb tangles out with your fingers or a wide toothed comb and rinse with cold/cool water.



- Do not brush/comb your hair after this point because it wil disturb the curl pattern (make sure you already have a part). It is also important to use gel on sopping wet hair and scrunch the hair with your fingers. Use a towel or paper towels to gently scrunch some of the water out. Then let your hair air dry or wait ten minutes and then use a blowdryer with a diffuser. Do not touch the hair while it is air drying or it will frizz!



- Use a moisturizing conditioner, such as Desert Essence Organics Italian Red Grape Conditioner (found at health food/organic stores). The combo of products that I use daily is L'Oreal Out of Bed Weightless Texturizer (comes in a black tub) and then Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel but there are more conditioners, gels, etc. on the websites.



- Your hair may seem worse at first, but it is just adjusting. This takes 2 to 4 weeks begin working. This is hard to do if you don't read the book, or at least visit the websites. My hair is really curly but not as curly as yours so check out naturally curly for some more tips. Naturally curly hair can be beautiful! Hope this helps!



based on the book-



www ylcf org/gotcurl/



book-



Curly girl by Loirane Massey



curly forum, shopping, and info.-



www naturallycurly com/



(replace periods!)



What is the perfect product for a cross between kinky afro hair and indian afro hair?

trust me if u want curls ether get a perm or curl it everyday



w/b boyzchrisbrown@yahoo.com



What is the perfect product for a cross between kinky afro hair and indian afro hair?

When you tie it up, just use an afro comb so it doesn't comb out any curls you allready have. Get your hair layered (long layers) which should make your hair curl more naturally. Otherwise you're stuck with the whole scrunching thing, I'm sorry :)



What is the perfect product for a cross between kinky afro hair and indian afro hair?

i use products from www.curls.biz. i'm about try try stuff from www.frizzoff.com. but the curls.biz products work well for me to wear my hair up. but not too well for wearing it down. i am also going to try www.bumbleandbumble.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment